Why Our Company
Catbird brings the excitement of the start-up, a fun and collaborative work environment, with a culture focused on innovation and excellence. The company's products are cutting-edge, loved by our customers who see the impact of better security and the direct benefits of simplified operations and reduced audit burdens. The compensation and benefits are competitive, our funding is in place, and we are expanding dramatically - this is a great time to join our team.
As a member of the development team you will be part of a group of highly talented and dynamic individuals doing cutting-edge work in virtualization and security. You will be challenged to think outside the box, multitask and stay organized in a challenging work environment. As new virtualization technologies emerge and impact our security strategy, you will be expected to learn these technologies quickly and help develop integration strategies with our systems.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of the design as well as development process. The candidate must possess broad knowledge from web technologies to lower level networking to databases, and be comfortable working throughout the software stack.
The Candidate Can Expect To:
- Develop innovative solutions in the areas of security and virtualization for commercially important platforms, including VMware, HyperV and OpenStack
- Collaborate in root cause analysis
- Create applications using primarily Python
Skills and Core Requirements
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4+ years experience in software engineering
- Networking knowledge
- Experience programming in Python
- Familiarity with *nix environments
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Ability to give and receive feedback within your team
- Experience working in C++/C
- Experience with database technology (SQL, NoSQL)
- Virtualization experience (one of VMware, HyperV or OpenStack)
- Willingness to work in an agile development team