Why Our Company
Catbird brings the excitement of the start-up, a fun and collaborative work environment, with a culture focused on innovation and excellence. The company's products are cutting-edge, loved by our customers who see the impact of better security and the direct benefits of simplified operations and reduced audit burdens. The compensation and benefits are competitive, our funding is in place, and we are expanding dramatically - this is a great time to join our team.
As a senior member of the Software Test and QA team you will be key to the continued success of our virtualization and security product development team. You will partner with development to codevelop test strategies for our current product. As new technologies emerge, you will be expected to learn these technologies quickly and work with development to design test strategies that ensure continued quality in our product line. The focus of this position will be designing, building, supporting, and maintaining performance test environments that simulate large, virtualized enterprise data centers.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of the design as well as development process. The candidate must possess broad knowledge from web technologies to lower level networking to databases, and be comfortable working throughout the software stack.
The Candidate Can Expect To:
- Develop and maintain complex performance test environments that simulate large enterprise data centers
- Develop functional, performance and scalability test automation scripts
- Assist technical support with diagnosing and resolving functional and/or scalability issues found in customer environments
- Assess, interpret and report test results
- Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
Skills and Core Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience working with largescale, multiplatform networks
- 1+ years experience developing and maintaining performance test suites
- 1+ years experience working on a virtualization platform (OpenStack, HyperV, VMware)
- Scripting experience with Python, PERL, or similar languages
- Strong networking knowledge (TCP/IP, VLANs, switches, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Windows and *nix based operating systems
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- A desire to work in a fast moving, agile, development environment
- Experience with automation scripting using Jython and VMware API's VI & VIX
- Understanding of compliance frameworks (PCI DSS, FISMA, HIPAA)
- Working knowledge of security concepts (firewalls, vulnerability scanning, IDS/IPS)